10 E 23rd Street, Fifth Floor
New York, NY 10010, USA
It's no secret around here that we Vault49ers are avid beer aficionados. Over a few relaxing brews our minds wandered into the wonderful world brewing the golden elixir. We envisioned a tangle of tubes travelling to and fro, hovering assitants ferrying tools about and a freshly brewed Beck's, condensation and all, appearing through a white mist. After mopping up the drool, we proceeded to realize our own special line of art-inspired Beck's and couldn't be happier with the results.
Down the rabbit hole
Another fun project for our friends at Scientific American magazine. The first challenge of the brief was to understand the concept of Neutrinos, which we wont attempt to explain here. You'll have to grab a copy for yourself. Cover and article opener illustrations
click to enlarge
WASH IT DOWN
An classic type illustration created for the March cover of Washingtonian magazine. Inspired by typography from the prohibition era.
Renovations taking place in the studio this week. We're sure the noise will be well worth it once it's done.
WE ARE HIRING: ACCOUNT MANAGER
Vault49 is an artistic collaboration, a playground, and a creative incubator for innovative design projects. Practically speaking, we’re a growing illustration and design studio in mid-town Manhattan whose work is characterized by a focus on craftsmanship, multi-media, and raw talent.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic Studio and Account Manager who will assist in keeping Vault49 running smoothly and efficiently, while also helping our business development efforts.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Oversee studio time management, maintain Gant charts, and provide regular updates of any impending resource issues to management
- Assist in project management for larger projects
- Business development assistance – mailings, maintenance of client records, providing management team with regular summaries.
- Ensure that the studio maintains a strong online presence through blog updates, maintenance of Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Maintain office supplies and general upkeep of studio
- Oversee/arrange team outings
- Collate trend reports and preparing PDF presentations for our clients
- Interact with client file management platforms
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong work ethic, with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent language skills, both written and verbal; well-spoken with ability to write clearly and with style.
- Excellent social skills, personable, and comfortable in 1-on-1 and group situations.
- Marketing experience a plus.
- Enthusiasm for design and knowledge of the creative process are both a must. You need to be sufficiently creative-minded to understand the complexities of our clients’ needs and the creative work of Vault49, while also being able to communicate well with a creatively-minded team.
The ideal candidate will have a love of all things creative, enjoy working as part of a close-knit team and be genuinely excited to develop an understanding of Vault49's creative and studio ethos. Your exceptional sense of humor and rebellious nature will find a happy home amongst our talented, hard-working team of merry pranksters.
Send resumes, complete with salary expectations and any other relevant support material to: firstname.lastname@example.org
So this arrived in the studio for Luke today. Ebay "bidding under the influence".
Oh the humanities
We recently created these fun editorial illustrations for Stanford Magazine.
SHOWERED IN GOLD!!
The largest awards competition in magazine publishing, and the only competition for ALL magazines and their websites decided that Vault 49's cover for Time Outs - Summer Concerts issue deserved GOLD!
Vault49 won an OZZIE Gold award in the category of: Best Use of Illustration, Consumer under 250,000 Circulation
"Best Use of Illustration – Awarded for outstanding use of illustration in any single article/feature."
The Ozzies, recognizing excellence in magazine design, is a prestigious designation bestowed to only the best editorial and creative teams.
Time Out London
From our recent covers for Time Out New York, we were now asked to help bring to life the Halloween/Bonfire night issue for London. Available tomorrow.
With Hurricane Sandy about to rear its ugly head, unsurprisingly the commute into Vault headquarters was unquestionably eerie. A normally bustling Monday morning was replaced with deserted streets and a scatter of vacant cabs.